Calendar

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sgtbob, May 11, 2015.

1. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

I'm having trouble getting my calendar to operate as I would like. I've read the Manual and the help data, but am unable to put into practice what is indicated. I want to add calendars for specific activities - work, home, travel, appointments, etc. I've been adding 'New Calendar > to iMAC' and the various calendars I add are reflected in the side column. Unfortunately, if I want to add an item to the 'travel' only, I check that calendar and uncheck all others, but when I attempt tp add the new event to the day on the Travel calendar, it appears on what I think is the master calendar only and not on the Travel calendar. How do I enable the Calendar app to let me set up just a calendar by the subject matter and only that calendar - Or one master calendar with everything, but permit me to also show each individual calendar I set up?? Where am I going wrong?

Equipment: iMAC, 4GB RAM, OS 10.10.3; Calendar version 8.0 (2034.9)

2. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

You have to designate which calendar each event goes to when you create the event. In settings/preferences you can designate a default calendar that will set all new events to any calendar you designate there.

But if you create an event that is not going to be assigned to your set as the default calendar then you have to change it when you create the event.

Hope this helps.

3. sgtbob thread starter macrumors regular

sgtbob

You mean that I have to designate each calendar as the default before I post to it? Seems a long way around, but will try that.

4. sgtbob thread starter macrumors regular

sgtbob

I believe I got it! Designating which calendar in the Calendar > preferences is immaterial. I have made two calendars on my iMAC and discovered if I select the icon for X and enter the data, then deselect X and select y and enter data, that I can view whichever calendar I have checked. If I check both calendars, I can see the appointments on all calendars. Not as hard as I was tryigg to make it. Thanks for the help.