Calendar???

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by TanBrae, Sep 3, 2015.

1. TanBrae macrumors newbie

TanBrae

For some reason, my Calendar settings have changed - by themselves. I used to be able to add/edit, but now I get the messages:
    You can’t change events in the “US Holidays” calendar.
    AND...
    You can’t change events in the “Birthdays” calendar.
    Also, what I had put in there is now gone/not showing.

Not sure why it changed. I haven't used the calendar since I created an iCloud account, and tried syncing my calendars. I've since turned OFF syncing in ALL devices, and for all apps.

Apparently, that has not helped, or, it has messed things up.

What to do???

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Those calendars were never directly editable. The Holidays data comes from Apple's servers and depends on you region. The birthday calendar gets its data from birthday info you have added to your Contacts.

3. TanBrae thread starter macrumors newbie

TanBrae

Really? Not sure what you mean by "never directly editable". I've been able to add, edit, and delete events ever since I've had a Mac.
    The only recent change was that I tried syncing my calendars between my computers. My iMac's calendar changed, but the Macbook's did not. iMac's calendar "lost" all my events and will not let me add anything, let alone delete.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Have you tried selecting those calendars and Get Info (command-I)? Or, in Calendar, going to Preferences>General and clicking on the question mark inside the circle at the bottom right.

That's what I mean.

5. TanBrae thread starter macrumors newbie

TanBrae

Ah. Well, not sure that that will tell me.

I did create a new calendar, and got birthdays entered. It seems to be working, now, but, only if I have ALL of the calendars checked.

Wish Apple would quit messing with what already works!