Calendar

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Knisse, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Knisse macrumors member

Hello everyone

I just got a Lenovo, while i have my iPhone so i am cross platform.

I was planning on getting the sunrise calendar that works on multi platforms, but Microsoft apparently purchased it and now it is dead.

I'd like to just have a stand alone calendar that i sync via email between my phone and computer. I do not like the idea of having completely synced everything so i am hoping for alternatives to google and microsft built in calendar. Preferable something stand alone that just syncs via email. If it has a note/reminder features that would be golden (so i can ditch the evernote app for grocery shopping :))

Hope someone can help me out, thanks!

2. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

3. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

There are various third party calendars available in the App Store. I'm not really sure what you mean with 'sync via email' but I suppose you mean that it's synchronised and accecible via various devices (web, app) no matter what kind of OS.

I really like WeekCalendar but also miCal is nice. My favorite feature of both is the travel time feature which works great with my Google Calendar which i also manage via the web (better then with Apple's own Calendar app I think) see also my topic here. I'm not sure if WeekCalendar or miCal have a grocery shopping feature. I'm using AnyList for that so my wife and I have the same grocery list. In a day to day life I'm unsing WeekCalendar. I did notice that the notification cannot be trusted for WeekCalendar so therefore I'm still using the Apple Calendar (which has a copy of my Google calendars) to indicate the notifications though.

4. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your post pacorob.
    What i meant with 'sync via email' is actually very vague. What i had in mind was a calendar (that works with windows 10 and iPhone) where i am able to use a simple email login to connect( or similar easy set up) to sync with my laptop and my iPhone. I prefer to have a stand alone, not something iCloud or similar all-connected which automatically link everything together.
    This is not to be confused with calendar where i need to access via the web or where i need to login everytime i need to use it.

Basically i am looking for the Apple calendar but without the iCloud around it, which can be downloaded for windows 10 and my iPhone :)

I will definitely have a look at Weekcalendar or miCal, maybe they are what i need.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You can use an Outlook.com account on your Windows 10 PC's built-in Calendar app as well as your iPhone's Calendar app. Sync only the calendar of that account if that's all you want.