CalendarAgent & CalNCService eating CPU time

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by larrymac1108, Aug 3, 2016.

1. larrymac1108 macrumors newbie

Is any one else having the problem when running on WiFi that the CalendarAgent and CALNCService processes are consuming over 70% of the CPU? The problem goes away when connected to a LAN via the Thunderbolt port.

Just started when updated to Beta 3 last night.

2. HauerDMD macrumors newbie

I am experiencing the exact same issue with CalendarAgent. Computer runs hot and fans blasting. No bueno.

3. larrymac1108 thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed this issue on mine this morning. Discovered where the issue was by trying to use the Calendar app and it was constantly going in to "Not Responding" mode. Disconnected from the network completely and then started Calendar app and went to preferences, which brings up "Internet Account" in System Preferences. While going through the account when I went to Game Center it received an error "NURL... -1009". As I do not use Game Center, I delete the account, closed the Calendar and plugged back into the network and the problem has not come back over the last hour.

4. bbbggg macrumors newbie

bbbggg

I'm on Beta 6 on a 2009 MBP. CalNCService and CalendarAgent both spike my CPU like crazy. I tried deleting the Game Center in Internet Accounts. Didn't do anything. I have iCloud Calendar turned off, and Google Calendar turned on. Any ideas?