Calendars and Family Sharing

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by chickenlegs, Jan 31, 2016.

1. chickenlegs macrumors member

chickenlegs

Am I right that the only Calendar that will be visible in both the lead organiser and family member's Calendar/s at the same time is the "Family" Calendar i.e. the one that bridges both 'domains'? Is it not at all possible for a family member to see other Calendars in the lead person's account if they are logged in to a different iCloud account? Can the family member be given access to more than one shared Calendar? It is quite frustrating if this is not possible as my wife can only see a very small proportion of calendar events on her iPad and iPhone that are normally entered on our iMac that we both use under a different iCloud account.

2. SnowDX, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016

SnowDX macrumors 6502

Yes you can share other calendars with her. If you're on your phone, go into Calendar, tap Calendars at the bottom centre. Then tap the "i" icon beside the calendar you want to share and tap "add person". The iPad process should be similar.

You can also use the iCloud web site or the Calendar OS X app to share. Your calendars will be listed in the left pane and you'll click on a icon to the right of the calendar that will pop up when you hover in that area (I don't think it's visible all the time but my memory is foggy).

3. chickenlegs thread starter macrumors member

chickenlegs

Wow, SnowDX, that's amazing. Thank you so much for helping me out. She can now see and contribute to other shared calendars. Thanks again. Chris