Universal Calendars, finding the best.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Tassiecelt, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Tassiecelt macrumors newbie

Tassiecelt

I've been through quite a few, Apple of course, Fantastical, calendars 5, and most recently BusyCal.

I give five stars to BusyCal for Mac and iOS, on the Mac it can be teamed with BusyContacts which is the most useful contact manager since my days of PCs and using Act for Windows.

I think BusyMac has a winning combination here. My only wish is for Busy contacts for iOS, hope it comes soon.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

You need to take a look at Informant, available for iOS and Mac. It is the most complete calendaring app available.

3. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

On iOS I use Easy Calendar, it has a great week view that fits my needs well.

4. lexvo macrumors 65816

It also comes down to personal preference. I myself like Week Cal, as it has many views and great functionality.

5. pacorob, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I agree with you that Week Calendar is my go to calendar. Especially because it has a nice list view + shows travel times of my Google calendar also for appointments I made via a desktop/laptop. See also this post from me where I've also looked for alternatives also in regards to travel times showing up in the widget. Unfortunately that isn't the case for most of them or you have the problem that you cannot enter you calendar appointments via a (Windows) desktop/laptop as with the Apple calendar.

Unfortunately Week Calendar or any other widget (I use Events Widget) can't show the travel times though in the widget which would be even better.

6. Tassiecelt thread starter macrumors newbie

Tassiecelt

How important is natural language? fantastical has it I think, BusyCal doesn't.

7. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

It's not so important for me. Maybe if you make an appointment via voice it will be handy. Can you use Siri to create an appointment in Fantastical?

8. Blowin' in the Wind macrumors newbie

Blowin' in the Wind

I want to warn potential customers that BusyCal is a scam! I purchased BusyCal2 about two years ago and now it will no longer work because instead of updating they made version 2 obsolete forcing customers to buy version 3. They offer a reduced price but it is not a free update as it should be. I wrote to customer relations to request a refund or solution and was told by someone called Kirk ”there was never a guarantee that BusyCal 2 would work in perpetuity." They even offered as a solution that I use Apple Calendar! This is a fly-by-night scam business. There are plenty of other apps available. I used Outlook for years and that old version 17 years old still works. BusyMac is burning their own customers to scam new people. Just glad I never fell for their BusyContacts! In fact, now that I have reverted back to the Apple Calendar I actually think it works better than BusyCal. It is more responsive, faster, better looking and has options that BusyCal does not have. Plus it integrates with Mac better obviously. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!

9. Adam Warlock, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017

Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

This is so much nonsense. BusyMac supported BusyCal 2 for years with regular updates. When version 3.0 was released it was a paid upgrade which is perfectly acceptable. This idea that software should be upgraded for free in perpetuity is so ridiculous it's not even funny. Who can afford to give away their work for free for the rest of their lives?!? Does this poster provide his product or services to his customers for free or is he simply living up to his screen name?

BTW, I don't work for BusyMac, nor own any shares or have any affiliation with them other than being a satisfied customer.