Calendars Not Updating

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wooggie, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Wooggie macrumors newbie

The google calendars I have setup as a "New Calendar Subscription" in the calendar app on my Macbook through iCloud update just fine when events are added or changed. I can see these calendars on my iPhone, but I have to turn off iCloud calendar and turn it back on for them to update to any changed times or new events that have been added. Is there a setting I'm missing or is the a bug?

2. Wooggie thread starter macrumors newbie

No one else with this issue?

It is also doing this on my iPad.

3. Wooggie thread starter macrumors newbie

Still having this issue. Anyone have any ideas?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Why not subscribe to them directly and not via iCloud?

5. Wooggie thread starter macrumors newbie

If I have my google calendar added to get the subscribed calendars on my mac I have an extra calendar in my calendar app on the mac. Not a huge deal, but if I could go without having google calendar turned on that would be my preference.

I use iCloud as my main personal calendar instead of google calendar because it seems to update the best between my devices. I had issues with things not syncing between all my devices for my personal calendar when using google calendar. So to fix that I switched my personal calendar to iCloud and thinking I was good to go. Then when I went to figure out how to get my subscribed calendar's added the only way to do that was to add them to iCloud on my mac or have google calendar turned on which put the 2 calendar's in my mac.

If I went to subscribe to them like you say on the iPhone or iPad I end up with 2 calendar's there because iCloud has them synced too. So I end up with double calendars in both places. I know I could just not show them, but this should work the way I have it setup.

That may just be confusing. I don't know a better way to explain it over text. Thanks.