Calendars on iPhone - how many?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by someguy7014, Sep 9, 2008.

1. someguy7014 macrumors member

I have just set up my work's exchange account and it seems it have overwritten my personal Calendar (synced with my mac).

Is this how it works? Can i only have one calendar? Surely there is a way to switch between the two... How could there not be??!!?!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. luvwtr macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me

Hi! I sure hope someone responds because the same thing happened to me. And after I pushed from my outlook account, I sync'd on my mac and it erased all those (the appointments pushed from outlook) appointments and replaced it with the ones that were on my mac and gave me back the multiple calendars plus one... Help!

3. acjrocks macrumors member

Based on my experience, you can definitely have more than 1 calendar via Exchange, but I can't answer the question as to if it can sync calenders with both Exchange and your local computer.

My solution? I just added my personal calendar to the list of my Exchange calendars. In fact I got 5 calendars setup via my Exchange account. Works great!:)

4. someguy7014 thread starter macrumors member

Where is the option to look at a list of exchange calendars? I cant see anyway to get out of the one exchange one that has synced.

5. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

exchange whipes everything from your phone you set up to sync with exchange...as far as i know there is no way to solve this yet... after I set up an exchange profile and deleted it again I even had to do a restore before I could sync the normal stuff with itunes again ... :eek:

6. luvwtr macrumors newbie

I can set up a personal on my exchange like you suggested but then when i sync at home for software updates, pics and music, that calendar resets my calendar... and those calendars are wiped out by exchange when I push... so either way doesn't work...

7. macbookhamburg macrumors regular

that´s really weird since it seemst to do the opposite as when i did it... it wouldn´t even let my sync my old calendar after I deleted my exchange profile... but can´t you maybe solve that problem in the settings in itunes ?
    as far as i know you just uncheck or check wich information you wan to have synced ?

8. acjrocks macrumors member

This is what I was thinking too. It's usually about checking or unchecking options in the right areas. Once you have Exchange setup on your phone, you won't have the option of unchecking anything in iTunes. It'll state something about your Calendar already syncs with Exchange.