Calendars/Reminders and Syncing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LC155, Nov 14, 2013.

1. LC155 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

To give a little overview, I've been using Wunderlist for the majority of my to-dos and reminders on Windows for a good length of time. I recently bought a macbook, and figured with the syncing and so on, I could give my organisation fetish a boost by using the iCloud syncing features of Calendar and so on.

Or so I thought. I had the idea in my head that reminders and calendar events would be synchronised together, and I could sync them into my windows desktop using Rainlendar 2 (through the use of google calendar). If it had worked out really well, I would have even switched to an iphone just for the fact that everything organisation related would 'just work'.

Now I find out that actually, reminders have been separated for quite some time, and even though there was backlash, nothing was changed. I guess my question is now, what can I do? Is there nothing I can do that is similar to the way iCal used to function, while keeping sync with Google Cal/Rainlendar and not losing anything?

Also, how do you guys get around this kind of stuff? I really want to like this and start using it, but the seperation of those two are killing it for me, since I wanted to sync reminders/tasks/calendars all in one through all my systems without a hitch, but it looks like it won't be so easy now.

Any help would be appreciated. :eek:

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I 've given up on looking for the Holy Grail of Reminders...something that syncs with everything. I've been using a combination of reminders/tasks methods.

3. LC155 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's really disappointing... I still have no idea why they disconnected them in the first place - it goes completely against anything Ive/Jobs ever said. Why make something more complicated by splitting it in two? Just dumb.

So what do you use, then?