Calendars wrong color!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MarkW19, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

I've just upgraded to 2.0, but the calendars are all the wrong colours when compared with iCal.

Can anyone help?

2. 61132 Guest

ON THE IPHONE, go to the email account prefs that the iCal sync is attached to, then select the options to sync/push, there is a separate slider for contacts, calenders, and bookmarks.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Seems like an odd way of doing it.

4. 61132 Guest

Glad to help, yea it does seem like the wrong way to do it. It's great to have everything finally working correctly. Except voicemail, it just says "this user has not set up their voicemail yet" but I have no clue how to set it up.

5. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can't find that option though! Could you help me find it? *feel stupid*.

I'm not using MobileMe/Exchange or anything, just desktop iCal-iPhone.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

From the home screen, tap on SETTINGS.
    Then tap on MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS
    Then tap on .MAC ACCOUNT
    Then tap Calendars to ON.

I hope this helps.

7. theotherrogue macrumors regular

Is it possible to get category colored items from and Exchange calendar? All of mine show up in the same color and don't seem to indicate categories.

Also, is it possible to get folders other than your Inbox to update via push? (Exchange)

8. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, but I don't have a .mac/MobileMe account...I'm just trying to sync from desktop iCal to my iPhone, and the colours are differentiated, just wrong when compared to my desktop iCal colours...

9. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, after looking on Apple Support, it seems most are having this issue.

It can be resolved if you have .mac/MobileMe, but there's no workaround at the moment if you haven't.

I hope Apple sorts something soon, it's rather annoying :p

10. Pennine macrumors 6502

11. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Guys: I have the solution!

Basically, without MobileMe, the iPhone assigns each of the following colours to new calendars it syncs with: red, orange, blue, green and purple.

Here's what you do - in order to choose which colour is for which of your iCal calendars, sync ONLY ONE at a time, in the order above. So go into your iPhone in iTunes, select only the first calendar - that would be whichever is red. Then, go back and choose to sync the red and orange calendars, and so on, in the colour order above, until all your calendars are done.

If you wish to skip a colour - ie. you only have 2 calendars: orange and green, you can create a dummy calendar as "red", sync that, then sync the orange, THEN you can delete the dummy from iCal, and the orange calendar will still remain!

After they're assigned, the colours will never change again unless you choose to unsync and resync that calendar again.

Note: if you only have one calendar, the iPhone will always use blue.

HTH!

12. higgalls macrumors regular

Thats a good work-around, but the problem for me is that I have 8 calendars, and so a few of them I did a custom colour for them, and it won't therefore put that custom colour across to my calendar on the iPhone after I follow your steps (well I'm assuming it wont - I haven't tried your steps yet).

Hopefully 2.0.1 will fix this problem.

13. balofagus macrumors regular

Thank gosh I only have 5 calendars, and that I used those colours! The workaround worked for me, but I agree that this should be fixed in a Software Update. Thanks MarkW19!

14. MarkW19 thread starter macrumors 65816

Glad it's worked for you!

But yes, if you have more than 5, it won't use any custom colours.

15. docwoz macrumors newbie

In my case, everytime I sync, a new calender has been created! I started with one, and now i have 4. I really only need one since i don't use my iphone for anything other than personal. I am syncing w/ outlook -- can anyone tell me how to consolidate all my calenders into one now? I've tried playing around, but i can't get anywhere -- this is annoying!

16. deeky macrumors newbie

Can we PC users have colour? I synch with outlook and everything is red, although I notice I now have 3 calendars! when I previously only had 1. They are Calendar, Home and _ModCal1400.Home.
    What are they all about?
    Derek

17. docwoz macrumors newbie

I use a PC and i know you can have different calenders which will show up in the iphone in differnet colors (based on what calender you add it to). My problem, like yours, is that i have 4 calenders now -- none of which i created and my events are spread throughout them! In some cases, i even have the same event in two calenders, so now it shows up twice in "all calenders" view in the iphone.

This sucks!

18. Aikidoka macrumors newbie

Man thanks for that!!!!

19. bep207 macrumors 6502

can you see subscribed calendars on me.com yet?

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

only the birthdays calendar, but nothing else so far.

21. bep207 macrumors 6502

22. Slayerboym88 macrumors regular

Don't get me army I lovey iPhone but this seems like a very simple thing that shouldn't have been overlooked, just like sideways testing. Definitely hope that these both get resolved with 2.0.1.

23. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2

Thanks MarkW19. Your solution fixed my problem. The really bizarre thing is that I have 5 calendars that I sync from gcal to ical and those are the exact colors I used. I used green because my home office is painted green. My wife likes purple. One son's room is painted blue. The others is painted yellow. And I picked red for a shared family/holiday calendar.

24. paulcone macrumors newbie

RE: Calendars wrong color!

I can't seem to get this work -- I still get random colors. I am running firmware update 2.2 on an iPhone 3G. I wonder if they broke the pattern with this recent update. Anyone else?

25. paulcone macrumors newbie

different color order now?

I kept at this... it seems like the color order is now ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN PURPLE -- first two colors reversed.