Calender deletions on imac - help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TOMMO373, Jan 27, 2014.

1. TOMMO373 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone and an iPad but have come to realise the mac does don't work the same and getting to grips with new tech is not easy...
    I am trying to delete calendar posts in my mac calendar but i don't know how to do it...advice please

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Do you mean delete an entire calendar? Just click the Calendars button at the top left to expose all your calendars, then right click and select delete for the one you want to get rid of. This is on Mavericks.

[​IMG]

3. TOMMO373 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have deleted a calendar called 'work' but i want to delete individual posts but i can't work out how to do it

----------

just getting the hang of a mac...dont know where to look to see operating system, I'm not sure if its Maveriacks or Mountain Lion ?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Just select the individual entry with your mouse and hit the delete key and it should go away.

If click the little Apple logo at the top left of your screen then select About This Mac you will get the screen below.

If it shows version 10.9 there, you have Mavericks. 10.8 would be Mountain Lion.

[​IMG]

5. TOMMO373 thread starter macrumors newbie

I sorted it....you have to do it in iCloud :):):)

----------

thanks....i have Mavericks:)

----------

Just read your post...i will try that next time instead of doing it through Calendars on iCloud, thanks for your help:)

----------

oh ...how do i post a pic to my profile ?

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Glad you got is handled. :)

You can add an avatar to your profile here, but you will need to have 500 posts before you are allowed to have an avatar.