Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riko

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
Glasgow area, Scotland
Bring out the champagne. It's still pushing!

Not for me :( . it was working fine yesterday but today I have added a couple of events to December/Jan via mobileme web and neither were pushed to my iPhone.

just when I thought it was fixed

UPDATE:

OK its pushing to my iPhone again but I had to switch my mobileme account from "push" to "manual" and back again in the Mail, Contacts and Calendar settings to get it working again. I suppose restarting my iPhone would have worked too. But its a bit annoying if I have to do this regularly. The old calendar never had any issues with pusg

Last edited:

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
After the maintainance today it's refusing to push to my ipad once more. Pushing fine to iPhone.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
10am AEST Melbourne 25th

added something on ical and it got pushed to the iphone 4. iPad didn't get it.

I restarted the ipad and tried again and then the iPad got the push notification as well.

So I'm suppose to constantly reboot my device every x hrs now so I can get notifications?

helloimsteve

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2010
10am AEST Melbourne 25th

added something on ical and it got pushed to the iphone 4. iPad didn't get it.

I restarted the ipad and tried again and then the iPad got the push notification as well.

So I'm suppose to constantly reboot my device every x hrs now so I can get notifications?
I didn't read the previous posts, but if you're on the new calendar, remove your MobileMe account, power off, power on, re-add the MobileMe account on the iPhone. Also ensure your push settings are correct, Push ON, interval 15 minutes.

On the iPad, a CalDAV account is required for the new Calendar. To add it, tap Settings, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, Add Account, Other, CalDAV.

For the server address, you're going to enter cal.me.com, then your MobileMe member name INCLUDING @me.com, followed by your password. After you add the CalDAV account, give it a few moments to retrieve the data.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I didn't read the previous posts, but if you're on the new calendar, remove your MobileMe account, power off, power on, re-add the MobileMe account on the iPhone. Also ensure your push settings are correct, Push ON, interval 15 minutes.

On the iPad, a CalDAV account is required for the new Calendar. To add it, tap Settings, Mail, Contacts and Calendars, Add Account, Other, CalDAV.

For the server address, you're going to enter cal.me.com, then your MobileMe member name INCLUDING @me.com, followed by your password. After you add the CalDAV account, give it a few moments to retrieve the data.

CalDAV not required with 4.2

riko

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
Glasgow area, Scotland
down again for me tonight. I could probably get it working but rebooting or switching the push to manual and back again but surely apple can fix this issue at their side. It is so annoying

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
This is what I find interesting.

Both ipad & i4 pushing at 11.30pm. I sleep and awake at 7am and calender push has stopped. (connection to cal.me.com has closed)

I leave it and mysteriously in the afternoon I get push to the i4 but nothing to the ipad.

So the i4 is able to reconnect to cal.me.com at some point but the ipad can't? Something only a reboot or switching to airplane mode fixes.

maviso5

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Kent
Glad i found this thread, thought it was something I had changed. I have ipad, IP4 + MBP, all of which only do the push when the relative app is launched.

Will stay tuned to this forum for an answer/update...

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
The only thing that worked for me was a "Restore to New". I tried a restore from backup and that didn't work. I had more problems than just the Calendar though. My Contacts and Bookmarks were MIA as well since updating to 4.2.1. The Restore to new solved it though.
I did read somewhere on the Apple support site that you had to delete the CalDav account because the new Calendar with 4.2 doesn't work right with it.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
iPhone 4 pushing fine for the last 24hrs. iPad is refusing to push calender, even after a reboot.

I must admit though that ical on the mac is working very reliably. Everything is synced down from the cloud instantly. It's been like this for the past 2-3weeks since the last major maintenance.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
The only thing that worked for me was a "Restore to New". I tried a restore from backup and that didn't work. I had more problems than just the Calendar though. My Contacts and Bookmarks were MIA as well since updating to 4.2.1. The Restore to new solved it though.
I did read somewhere on the Apple support site that you had to delete the CalDav account because the new Calendar with 4.2 doesn't work right with it.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

No need to do a restore. Just delete caldav and make sure under mobileme settings, calender sync is enabled. (on 4.2)

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
iPhone 4 pushing fine for the last 24hrs. iPad is refusing to push calender, even after a reboot.

I must admit though that ical on the mac is working very reliably. Everything is synced down from the cloud instantly. It's been like this for the past 2-3weeks since the last major maintenance.

Not pushing to my iPhone at present.

rosler28

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
I have a major problem.

My I cal is blank from this month onwards. I have lost all my entries.

I have a Time Machine back up but every time i restore it my entries appear when I open ical but then within seconds they disappear as it is synching with mobile me.

It is sucking the mobile me calendar down and deleting everything.

I can't seem to stop it synching although I think I have turned the automatic synch off and reset it for manual synch.

I want the entries on my mac book to stay and then push them to mobile me so that the rest of my devices will get the correct calendar.

Is this a major bug or just me?

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Push has failed every single day.

Big time fail for this new calendar.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
OK a couple of months on and push seems to work consistently for a whole day. Mysteriously though it nearly always stops working sometime during the night. Cycling the power on my iPhone fixes this.

Is everyone else experiencing this, or is it better or worse for any of you?

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
OK a couple of months on and push seems to work consistently for a whole day. Mysteriously though it nearly always stops working sometime during the night. Cycling the power on my iPhone fixes this.

Is everyone else experiencing this, or is it better or worse for any of you?

Haven't had ANY issues since early November. Amazing.

Push seems to be working even through the night for me now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.