Calender on PC, music on Mac with iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beric, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

So my Dad's looking at getting an iPhone. However, he'd like to be able to sync it with both his Outlook calendar at work, and his iTunes music library at home. I've heard about problems with Windows vs. Mac formats, and having two separate iTunes libraries. Would this work?

2. Beric thread starter macrumors 68020

Beric

Hmmm... I'm looking on the Apple forums and it may be possible. Can anyone verify? He won't buy if it won't work.

3. mchammrr macrumors newbie

I have a similar question

There are several other topics on this same subject in this forum. I asked a similar question and never got a good enough answer to buy an iphone. From what I have learned if you are going to sync with a exchange server and not a ‘cord’ you can then also sync with itunes and make this work. However there are many issues with the exchange sync and an iphone.

I want to link to the other post on this subject but don’t know how? Check my posts

or try here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=740324

4. mchammrr macrumors newbie

Please contact me if you find a proven solution that is not a hack

Please contact me if you find a proven solution that is not a hack

5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Mobile Me! Assuming you dad is an Admin on his work PC he can install the MM control panel and link it to his account.

My iPhone is synced and backed up on my home Macbook, however as soon as I enter an appointment on my Outlook work PC it pushes it to my phone and iCal.

Even the alarms come up on the phone.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Not enough info here, I'm afraid.

Does he work at a small company where he has total control of his computer? Is it a company with an IT department? Will that IT department sync his phone to e-mail, calendar, and address book using Exchange?

If so, he's golden. It will sync his work info without ever plugging in to his work PC.

If not we'd need to know what parts of that are true and what parts aren't in order to give better advice.