Calender options for windows users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I use yahoo mail and would like some type of calender functionality between my laptop and my Iphone.

What methods are you guys using to sync calenders with your Iphones?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I know you can use Outlook. Outside of that I'm not sure there is one.

TEG

3. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

errg, I have a distaste for outlook. perhaps If I can make it work the way i need it to

4. hoffmant macrumors member

I use Google Calendar, not Yahoo... I heard about http://www.nuevasync.com/ in a different thread, and after I got it set up (which took a bit of tweaking since my wife & I share Google calendars) it works perfectly.

Any change to either of our calendars shows up on my phone, and any change on my phone shows up on both of our calendars.

5. XianPalin macrumors 6502

The better thing to look into would be something that syncs Outlook with your yahoo calendar, then you just sync your phone to Outlook (supported) and let another app sync that with Yahoo.

I do something similar, but with Google. Google provides an application that syncs your Outlook calendar with Google Calendar. I'm sure there's probably something out there that syncs Yahoo and Outlook, but maybe at a cost.

6. XianPalin macrumors 6502

Yahoo appears to offer a free sync program called Autosync, log into your calendar and choose "Sync" in the top right, and follow the instructions. This should provide a way to sync your Yahoo Calendar with Outlook on your machine, which will then Sync to your phone. I guess if you don't have outlook that could be another problem :p

7. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I think I will give this a try. But does this mean I need to start using outlook for my yahoo mail account?