Calender sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonecracker, Jan 10, 2009.

1. bonecracker macrumors member

Hello all,

I am buying an iphone next week, and if I could ask that when I sync my office calender at work on a pc, and attach the phone to my macbook at home, will I loose the calender? or is there a way that I can avoid this. Is mobile me the way to do it? Thanks in advance

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What programs are you using at work? MS Outlook? What program will you be using at home? Do you have a google account?

I didn't buy into the mobile me idea. What I did... is this.

Google account at home and Outlook account at work. On my work station I used a free tool from google called google calendar sync. It syncs my outlook calender with my google calendar which in turns syncs with my home calendar so I can see all of my work appointments.

Easy to setup and easy to maintain. This way I don't have to hook my iphone up to my work station.

3. bonecracker thread starter macrumors member

I am using ms outlook at work, and nothing at home, the home mac, is not that important to sync, just my work dairy. However, I would like to down load apps from my mac at home, etc. So would that erase everything if I attached iphone at home. Google seems great idea though

4. bonecracker thread starter macrumors member