Calender Syncing Issues - Please Read

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by briansanderson, Oct 29, 2007.

1. briansanderson macrumors member

When I create a new event on the iphone and sync it to ical the times of the events to not match up. The same thing happens if I create an event in ical then sync it up with the iphone.

Is this a bug in the software or am I doing something wrong (i.e. wrong setting somewhere). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. oseary macrumors member

I'd verify that you're time zone and daylight savings time settings are correct in preferences.

3. PascalD macrumors newbie

Problems synchronising iCal with iPhone

I guys I am new here. I am a PC user (I know i am hated by Mac users. Sorry !!!)

I have the iPhone and i work with a lot of people amd they use iCal (.ics files). can someone tell me how can i sync the iCal with my phone without using a Mac.
    I would like to download the iCal (.ics File) directly from the iPhone and install te\he new file on my iPhone.

Is it possible just copying the file to a folder on iPhone? where are the file for MobileCal stored?

thank you for you help
    Pascal

4. oseary macrumors member

No, we just hate the PC fanbois that come in acting like PC's are far, far superior products, without listening to logic and reason. We don't hate you though. :)

You may be able to take the iCal file, convert it (with a converter out there, Google it) to be used with Outlook (assuming you use OL), and sync it that way. It's a roundabout way of doing it, but I don't know where MobileCal stores its info.

Hope this helped, even if it's just a little.

5. PascalD macrumors newbie

ICal to Outlook converter and vizeversa

It was actually not what i was looking for. But it did help

i found a free download under

http://www.mhsoftware.com/bin/iCalConvert.msi

there is also a shareware call vSync it will be installed on iCal or Outlook but it costs 25 US$ and the programm iCalCoverter.msi is free and works PERFECT!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D