Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
I do a lot of walking on the treadmill in my basement and I have noticed that the distance given to me by the Workout app is significantly different from that given me by the treadmill. My old GARMIN watch gave me the opportunity to select the distance at the end of every walk but the Apple Watch does not seem to have this option. Is there any way I can adjust it after the walk?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I’ve seen the same thing with treadmills. No way to correct it that I know of.

Chevysales

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2019
I do a lot of walking on the treadmill in my basement and I have noticed that the distance given to me by the Workout app is significantly different from that given me by the treadmill. My old GARMIN watch gave me the opportunity to select the distance at the end of every walk but the Apple Watch does not seem to have this option. Is there any way I can adjust it after the walk?
Of course the of lack of GPS is at issue there. Though you can calibrate/reset it with just treadmill it would be incorrect based on Apple instructions for setup. I've never used it with treadmills in years.

Last edited:

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
Of course the of lack of GPS is at issue there. Though you can calibrate/reset it with just treadmill it would be incorrect based on Apple instructions for setup. I've never used it with treadmills in years.
I only use my treadmill when the weather sucks. It's just interesting to me that I was always able to do this with my Garmin Venu. If the AW is going to just toss up a pointless and inaccurate mileage on indoor walk, I wish it would just not show it.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Not sure if this helps, but in the Health app on iOS, you can go to "Walking + Running Distance" and then "show all data". From there you can delete an incorrect entry. There's also an "Add Data" button that lets you manually input distance and time. You could just input what your treadmill says manually.

What I'm not sure of is whether this gets reflected back in the Workout app and/or the Apple Watch. Might be worth playing around with.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
I used a treadmill on bad weather days and find my watch is behind about a 7% when I compare them. I pretty well ignore the treadmill readouts and stick with my AW statistics.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2012
I used a treadmill on bad weather days and find my watch is behind about a 7% when I compare them. I pretty well ignore the treadmill readouts and stick with my AW statistics.
That's what I'm doing as well. I was thinking or just using the Garmin watch for treadmill walks, but nah.

Reactions: Jackbequickly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.