Calibrate external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Iglio, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

how do i calibrate a monitor attatched to a blackbook

2. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Open System Preferences and select Display. A second window should be spawned on the second monitor with settings for that monitor. In the Displays window on monitor you want to calibrate, click the Color tab and press the Calibrate button.

I'm working off memory here, so if someone here can double-check for me, that'd be great.

3. dchen720 macrumors member

i've heard about calibrating battery,,, i don't know why we need to do that.
    and why do we need to calibrate display anyways????
    sorry. i am a mac newbie

4. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

To put it in basic terms, it's to adjust the way colors are displayed on screen.

Here's the wikipedia article on the topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_calibration

5. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

The reason for calibrating the batteries is that every Mac Battery has a chip inside that tracks the usage. Not to mention the fact that when you condition the battery you make sure that all cells in the battery are active so you get the best battery life. For more information in conditioning batteries, check out apples support site (LINK).

6. patrickmacrumor macrumors regular

If you can afford it, get ColorEyes Display bundle. You can also buy Spyder2Express, and then buy the software from ColorEyes Display. ColorEyes Diplay link: http://www.integrated-color.com/ . You can then calibrate as many screens as you want.

Hard calibration tools do a much better job than the calibration tool bundled in Mac OS X. I've noticed my 2.4 Ghz MacBook (which replaced my original 1st generation one) screen was a bit too blue. And it could only be fixed properly using ColorEyes Display software + Sypder2Express Calibration sensor (in my case).

Note: ColorEyes Display can calibrate both the MacBook screen and an external display connected to it. Spyder2Express software will only calibrate the main screen, unless you get the pro version.