calibrate iPhone 4 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohla313, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

anyone know how to? or if its any different from the 3Gs? what I did was charge to 100% let it rest for 2 hours unplugged, use it and let it drain to 0% and it shut off. I left it alone for 5 hours, then charged to 100%. But still get like 4-5 hours of usage..

Anyone know how to? I wanna experience the great battery life! :D

2. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That’s calibrating, but I wouldn’t let it sit as long as you did before recharging it.

Usage of what? 3G? If only 3G, then your battery sounds bad. However, it depends on your signal quality, whether bluetooth is on, among other things. let us know what you have on.

4. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

How long should I let it sit after a full discharge?

I am always on 3G and when I had my 3Gs had full bars all the time at home, now with the 4, I am lucky to get 4 bars and average get 3. Also at home I usually am on wifi as well.

Bluetooth is off, brightness at 40%, Push is enabled for 1 account, and fetch for 15 minutes is for 2 accounts. But the thing is that I restored from my 3Gs to my 4. Battery life on the 3Gs was 4-5 hours and its the same for the 4 now, which is not too good considering the larger battery.

5. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

7. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

congratulations.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

4-5 hours seems normal and is about what I get. It varies depending on what I am doing. I'm surprised by the people who praise the battery life and say it is so great. It just doesn't seem that great to me. I do use it a lot, and am glad it lasts as long as it does.

9. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

yea but its advertised as 7 hour usage. And users here get as great as 9 hours of usage! I'm just going to the apple store and see what they say. also the proximity sensor issue is driving me nuts. If they exchange it I get a new one correct not a refurb?

10. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Oh dear! As has been discussed before ad nauseam. Useage figures are entirely dependant on what the 'phone is used for. For example, Safari is more "greedy" than listening to music on the iPod. 5hrs is a pretty good average for a mixture of browsing the Web, texting, making calls etc etc.

11. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Calibrating it is, simply charging it to 100%. Then run it until the phone turns off. Then recharge it back up to 100%. Do this at least once a month. It keeps your battery meter accurate. There is no process to make your battery last longer. You may want up turn off your location services, wifi when your not using it, Bluetooth also. Turn off push notifications too.

12. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

ok so I went to the "genius" bar and met a condescending douche. He said my battery was fine but then I mentioned the proximity issue and stated that there would a 4.1 software release that would fix it. I then mentioned the echo headphones and he denied it and said he cant replicate and was like you can take these headphones too bro. i didn't want his pity so i didn't take them but i should've taken em. free headphones yo!

anyways, I will try draining and recharging again.

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No offense but have a little empathy. When he answers one problem and you move on to another and the process is repeated over and over it just sounds like you are trying any "trick" you can to get another phone.

Go to Battery University. It is the Bible and has complete info on all types of batteries.