Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sinsin

macrumors member
May 14, 2010
9CA4 Calibrated Profile

I have done the calibration of my 9CA4 display and think that looks great, less warmer than the default profile and better contrast range, a lot better for photographic work.

Here the file

Attachments

• Color LCD Calibrated 2.icc.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 303

revelated

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
As I had previously promised, I've uploaded my color profile after calibrating my 15" HR-AG MBP using a Colovision Spyder3.

I wasn't really sure how to set the brightness, so I decided to set it at where I most commonly use it--with 11 squares lit up using the keyboard brightness settings (set it at full brightness then press the decrease brightness button four times).

There was certainly a huge difference after calibration as it was clear that the default was far cooler than it should have been.

And PLEASE keep in mind that EVERY display is different! What is perfectly calibrated for me will likely not be perfectly calibrated for you! My only hope is that this will provide you with a guideline that gets you closer to neutral.

Good luck!

File: http://psalms4610.com/Color-LCD-1
Put the file in your Library/ColorSync/Profiles directory.

Old thread, I know. I wanted to add...

Your profile comes across as over-warm on lower brightness settings. At max brightness - literally, all the way up - it looks amazing. Once I go down to three bars or so, it doesn't look so hot.

I know this isn't the fault of the profile. Using the Snow Leopard wallpaper and set to max brightness, I can easily see that the colors are good...but for whatever reason the default "Color LCD" just looks more acceptable on my 17" despite the brightness setting.

I'm wondering why that is, exactly. Now mine is a glossy and I wonder if it would look more consistent with an antiglare screen given the dimness of the lighting presented.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
hey isn't there an issue with monitors that aren't produced for mac? I read somewhere you had to do something....god I can't put my finger on it. I just got a new viewsonic LED 22 inch monitor gonna try this color profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.