Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noalternative1967

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2020
I aquired an older macbook with a battery that would not charge. MacOSX Leopard was installed on it. I couldn't find an up2date browser for it, so I decided to install ElementaryOS. I install it over Leopard and started anew. My battery arrived and I installed it. Unfortunately it wouldn't charge anymore than 40 to 60%. It would also suddenly shutdown at about 25% I typed sudo apt upgrade hopeing a driver would do the trick. I followed instructions for resetting the battery. I removed the battery and held the power button down for 5 seconds. All to no avail. I just can't gage the battery at all. Would it help if I reinstalled Leopard and dual booted. Maybe Leopard would get the calibration down. Any advise? Know anyone who could help? I don't really know how to install an OSX? Should I install a newer version than Leopard? My other computer to make a boot disk is an Ubuntu machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.