Calibrating iPhone 5 battery indicator

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pedro Pinto, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Pedro Pinto macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

Hello everyone. Can you explain me a bit more about this process? I've already tried the process since I'm noticing a lot of battery drain with a new battery (from eBay).

I've fully charged it to 100% and I let it discharge until it turns down. Most of times it goes down with 15% battery and I have to turn it on (after plugging) and try to fully discharge it until 1% (it's not easy most of times... I have to do it lot of times). Then I charge it until 100% without touching it and I simply use it the other day. However, when I test it, it goes down with 10/12/15%... Faulty battery!?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, sounds like a bad battery most likely. Might want to check with Apple as there's a recall on some iPhone 5 batteries and the phone might be part of that recall.

3. Pedro Pinto thread starter macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

Unfortunately it isn't pal. I've already checked the serial... Thank you in advance.

4. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Probably were sold an used battery. So many stories of eBay battery replacement purchases like this.

5. Pedro Pinto thread starter macrumors member

Pedro Pinto

I guess it's not the case since it came with 0 cycles. However I feel it discharges too fast.