Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KARAal03

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a hard time getting a definitive answer to this question. I have a 13" black MacBook purchased within the last year or year and a half. I just got a second battery that I want to use on a trip on Thursday (long flight). I can't find an answer on apple.com as to whether I need to calibrate this battery during its first use, as you used to have to do for some apple notebooks, or during the first week, as for others, or just should do it once in a while but don't have to do it right away. Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a hard time getting a definitive answer to this question. I have a 13" black MacBook purchased within the last year or year and a half. I just got a second battery that I want to use on a trip on Thursday (long flight). I can't find an answer on apple.com as to whether I need to calibrate this battery during its first use, as you used to have to do for some apple notebooks, or during the first week, as for others, or just should do it once in a while but don't have to do it right away. Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

You don't have to do it during first use, but it can help prolong battery life to do it regularly.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
You don't have to do it during first use, but it can help prolong battery life to do it regularly.
Calibrating will not change your battery life in any way, all it will do is give you a more accurate reading of your battery life (for better or worse).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.