Calibrating MB Pro Battery with SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Medravi, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Medravi macrumors newbie

I attempted to calibrate my battery yesterday by following the apple instructions/instructions in the FAQ including plugging it in including extra 2 hrs, unplugging and draining it until it shut off and then waiting 5 hrs and plugging it back in. I have an OWC 240 gb SSD, and therefore I have gone into energy saver preferences and turned it all to "Never" due to the hibernate problem with the sandforce drivers. after waiting the 5 hrs and plugging it back in, i turned it on and the computer tried to load the sleepimage and got to about 50% and then just froze, so i was forced to power it off and turn it back on. Is there any other way around having to do this power off every time i calibrate?

2. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

owc + hibernation issues is very well known. The work around you suggested is the only way

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You might try using Caffeine to override your energy saver preferences. You'll find a link to it in the CALIBRATION section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: