Calibrating MBP Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shred, Jul 20, 2009.

1. shred macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've calibrated my 15" uMBP screen with the Spyder2Pro and am very happy with the results. However, I'll soon be hooking up my MBP to my 22" Dell 2209WA (IPS) monitor and would like to know if I need to "re-calibrate" it. How can I differentiate between the calibration of my 22" monitor and that of my MBP screen.

Should I just create two color profiles? One for use when the MBP is connected to an external monitor and another for when I'm using the MBP as a stand-alone?

What are your thoughts and is there a better (more intuitive) version of doing this?

Thanks!

2. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Calibration is for the display, not the computer. You need a different profile for each display you use.

3. shred thread starter macrumors newbie

Now I'm running into another problem with my display (Dell 2209WA). Unfortunantly, when I close the lid of my MBP, the computer goes to sleep. Despite having a USB mouse/keyboard connected, my external monitor stays asleep.

I have a MiniDisplay Port to DVI adaptor connecting my monitor to my MBP. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It doesn't wake up if you move the mouse/start typing?

5. shred thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved.

The trick was to plug the MiniDisplay Port to DVI adapter in first, then open up the MBP lid and make sure "mirror display" is turned on. Then close the display and insert the USB keyboard/mouse.

Doing it in that sequence seemed to do the trick. Odd but it works!

6. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

If you use your notebook in multiple lighting conditions/environments, try making profiles for different lighting conditions.

7. shred thread starter macrumors newbie

Great idea -- thanks for the tip!