Calibrating New 27" iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bdavis86, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bdavis86 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone, this is my first time posting here so please be patient.

I am a professional photographer and recently purchased a new quad-core 27" iMac to help with my photo editing. As you know, it's crucial to have a monitor calibrated so I was hoping to get a little advice on how this is done on a mac.

My old computer was a Dell PC and I used Spyder 3 Elite to calibrate it and got it bang on with my prints, on my mac I'm having trouble since it doesn't have the fine tune controls like contrast, rgb sliders, etc.

I installed the spyder 3 software and let it do it's thing, but the end result came out with a strong red tint...not to mention that I don't think my luminance was correct. I'm aiming for about 120 but I don't know of a way to find out what my monitor is currently set at.

Do any of you have suggestions? What calibration kit do you use and what process did you go through to get your macs configured?

Thanks in advance!

2. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

Color Calibration.

To find your current display settings go to system preferences. then lick on display, then click on color. there will be a profile to look at the profile click open profile. to calibrate the display click calibrate display. Make sure to click expert mode to allow more advanced options. when you are done you can name the profile and use it.
    You could also use colorsync utilty i the ulitties folder in the applications folder, but I have never used it.