Calibrating the battery questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DivineEvil, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DivineEvil macrumors regular

I have a MBP 13" and it's on 96% health... with only 70 charge cycles. I know where to find how to calibrate my battery, but I don't think I'm making it right.

My questions are about point 5 and 6.
    5. Should I just turn off my MBP for 5 hours and then go to point 6. OR Turn off my MBP and go to point 6.

and 6. Can I start using my MBP when the power adapter is connected OR I should wait until it's fully charged and then turn on my MBP.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can either turn off the computer or let it go to sleep in point 5 and wait 5 to 6 hours until the battery is fully depleted, then (after 5 to 6 hours as pointed out in point 5) you reconnect the power plug (as pointed to in point 6) and use the computer normally, there is no need to wait until it is fully charged.

Also the battery health is not always 100% correct, I bought a Mac with 97% health (% of original battery capacity) and due to normal use and some calibrating the battery is now shown having 100% health.

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you leave it on sleep mode, then it will die out after about 5 hours. When you notice the light in the front stops pulsing, then you should start to charge it