Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calnexinmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
hi everyone. i just got my macbook week ago. i noticed that the menu bar
had a slight pink color on the right side. i went on the apply website and read on calibrating the display but it still has pink lines. anyone has the same issue.
also does it matter if we calibrate the display or not. and finally, i read on some site that we supposed to calibrate it in the dark, which i did not do. is that the reason i am still seeing pink color.

thanks

Stingray454

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2009
Calibrating usually change the entire screen - like makes colors more vivid, brighter and so on. If you have a discoloration on a specific part of the screen, there's a high chance that it's the display itself that is damaged. I suggest you bring it in to the nearest apple store and they'll replace either the screen or the entire computer for you for free.

calnexinmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Calibrating usually change the entire screen - like makes colors more vivid, brighter and so on. If you have a discoloration on a specific part of the screen, there's a high chance that it's the display itself that is damaged. I suggest you bring it in to the nearest apple store and they'll replace either the screen or the entire computer for you for free.

thanks. i don get it how can the display be damaged. i just got it. also i bought mine from the apple store online, will the apple store replace it or do i have to ship it back to apple?. i hope the display is not damaged. i gonna be so pissed...
its just been a week since i got it. anyway thanks, i will take it to the apple
store, the earliest i can take it is on tuesday.

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
thanks. i don get it how can the display be damaged. i just got it. also i bought mine from the apple store online, will the apple store replace it or do i have to ship it back to apple?. i hope the display is not damaged. i gonna be so pissed...
its just been a week since i got it. anyway thanks, i will take it to the apple
store, the earliest i can take it is on tuesday.

Call Apple first (Applecare). They'll guide you through the process, and it might be more authoritative than your average Apple genius.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
what is callobrating the display? I know what callobrating the battery is... Huh?

seydurin

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
definitely sounds like a lemon. Screens sometimes get damaged in the manufacturing process, and it's hard to tell it until you actually use the computer.

just take it back and you should be given a new one - maybe even a complimentary upgrade.

calnexinmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
ya i called apple care but i wasn't in front of my mac so i gotta call them
back. but he told me that if it comes to replacing it, since i bought mine
online, i will have to send it back and then they will ship me a new one.
so i hope it doesn't come to that cuz thats just an hassle.
anyway, i'll keep u guys updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.