**Calibrating the new 27" iMac Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rhobes, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

I plan to buy a new iMac 27" 2.8GHz Quad i7. My question is in calibrating the monitor. I have read that on the 24" monitors(or 21? one of them) there is a brightness problem & some of the calibrators can't function because the monitor is too bright therefore requiring "Shades" or "Coloreyes Display Pro" to enable the calibrators to work. Is this a problem for the 27" monitor?

Which calibrator will inclusively do the job on this monitor(without buying additional software to enable it), Colormunki?, Spyder3? :D

2. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

The 24" iMac did seem to have this problem where even minimum brightness was too bright for most people doing calibration (looking for 120cd/m^2 or less).

I looked at the 27" imac for the first time briefly last weekend and from what I could tell there seems to be enough brightness range to not be a problem (i.e. the lowest brightess definitely seemed much dimmer than 120cd/m^2). I can't say for sure because the monitor was set up in store lighting but my screens at home are calibrated thus I have at least a loose feel for what the brightness should be.

Any display calibrator should be fine, I use the i1 Display2 which I found to be a good balance of features and price.

Ruahrc

3. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes