Calibrating your screen and all that good stuff

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gorby, Nov 11, 2007.

1. gorby macrumors 6502

So I just downloaded Supercal (http://bergdesign.com/supercal/) and ran the calibration...

The results were pretty good, a lot richer looking. The default iMac profile has always looked really bright-- but not just bright, but almost washed out looking (i.e. different shades of white/grey you commonly see on the net, didn't look so delineated)

So, from my own Supercal profile vs. the default iMac profile... mine wins easily. Then I checked out the "Adobe RBG (1998) profile" just to compare..... and it looks nearly the same as my Supercal profile--- except that it is not as warm. For now I am just using that.

What I'm wondering is: who is still using the default iMac profile.... and why does it look so 'bad'?

(btw this is the matte screen 24")

2. Rental01 macrumors newbie

I just used it too - WOW.

That's a great tool! Thanks for the link!

3. gorby thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Emanuele macrumors member

Used it as well, thank you! I now have some nice a rich colors and a great white balance!

:)

5. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

you can also calibrate from the imac settings in System Preferences. I did it that way, and am very pleased with the results.

7. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Well I thought it was going really well but then I ended up with all the gray and some of the light blues being pinkish. I like the System Prefs way too.