calibration of MBP battery....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tMac85, Dec 24, 2007.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Ok, so calibrating is letting your computer die all the way and then plugging it in and letting it charge over night. Correct? well... my computer NEVER completely dies. It will sleep for up to a day. So when you say die, do you just mean 0% batter yet still sleeping, just not able to turn the screen on? Reason I ask is because i have done this and my battery dropped from 93% to 81% in ONE calibration..... ONE DAY. this made me freak. did i do something wrong. Someone explain and also is there anyway its just a coconutbattery goof and it will show back into the 90%'s again?

thanks guys

2. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

3. Anorak macrumors regular

Anorak

For my MBP, I found out that when it hits close to 0% it will automatically sleep, which turns on the little light at the front of the case (the pulsing one). Then after a while, that'll turn off since the battery has completely run out of juice. That's when I know mine has "died". I then wait for a few hours (around 5), then charge it back up.

http://guides.macrumors.com/Laptop_Battery_Guide

4. wootdawg macrumors newbie

This is what apple says.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86284
    Just scroll down to the section that covers macbook and macbook pro.

5. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

thanks guys. ill try this. and see if things get better

6. mazdaspeedjoel macrumors member

Would it be okay if I fully charged my battery, unplugged it and turned it off just so I can put it in my bag to go somewhere, and turn it back on?