Calibration of the rMBP 2015 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kulfon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kulfon macrumors regular

Dear community,

I am a bit tired fighting my new MBP. I processed several pictures, spent several hour per picture only to see that the brightness of the screen is way off. It is set to max brightness and obviously my pictures look too dark on other monitors. Problem is, I set screen brightness to 60% sometime ago and have no clue why it is off again. I did not touch it.

I set it back to more or less 60% (I do not see precisely as it doesn't show %) and I will need to reprocess pictures again.

What is the way to easily calibrate my rMBP and be sure that I have right colours, right contrast and right everything?

THANKS

2. newellj macrumors 601

Do you have auto brightness adjustment turned off?

The only reliable way to ensure accurate color and luminance is to use a colorimeter like those made by XRite and DataColor. The software qualifies as reasonably easy to use. The built-in "calibration" tool in OS X is not going to do it for accurate photo editing.

3. Kulfon thread starter macrumors regular

Auto color is off and this is why I was surprised. Well, maybe I will find a person with the XRite or something and will calibrate my screen....

Thanks for the advise.