Calibre and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cuzo, Sep 27, 2013.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2012
    I use calibre to convert PDF to kindle format and I stored them on my kindle when I had it.

I sold the kindle and bought a mini and a iPhone but I'm having trouble sending them to my iPhone and opening the books with the kindle software.

Can someone assist?

I tried using Dropbox to download the file to my iPhone but it says no program can open the file.
  2. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2012
    Close thread

I was about to do it on android because I could move the files straight to the kindle folder I can't do that on iOS unless jail broken.
  3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Jun 14, 2010
    Maybe easier to just use the Send to Kindle service.

Edit: although I've never messed with PDF's on a phone, try PDF Expert on your ipad mini. Syncs with Dropbox folders and is a great tool for PDF reading and annotations.

Also, I believe iBooks handles PDFs natively -- you might consider that app unless there's a particular reason you're converting the PDFs to Kindle format to use in the Kindle app.
  4. GRiker macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2011
    You can use the iOS reader applications plugin with calibre to transfer MOBI files to Kindle for iOS.