california lemon laws?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nutman, Aug 19, 2009.

1. nutman macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about California's lemon laws and how apple deals with it. I have an mbp from 2006 and the warranty is almost at an end. I have gone through several cd drive failures, motherboard exchanges, and battery replacements and I want to know if the next step is to ask for an exchange.

Right now, my battery has just over 150 cycles and it is not lasting at all. Coconut battery shows it at around 40 percent health.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

If Apple has repaired your computer 3 times for different things, then a repair is needed again for the 4th time, you can request a replacement. Your machine is 3 years old, you can't count the battery diminishing as an actual problem, that's normal.

3. nutman thread starter macrumors regular

I am pretty sure that I have around five or more repairs on this computer. And as for the battery, I just got a new one, which makes it the third that I have gotten from Apple. I think the replaced it the last time because of the battery recalls.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I would recommend to call Apple customer relations and explain to them that you've had multiple repairs and you feel as though that you've received a lemon and you are unhappy with this machine and you would like a replacement. Explain to them that you've also had numerous battery replacements and the batteries don't last which makes you feel that there is something wrong with the computer. They will check their system to verify all the repairs you've had. Just remain calm but persistent when speaking with them. Don't even go to the Apple store, it's best to contact Apple customer relations. Here's a link to the contact numbers. http://www.apple.com/support/contact/phone_contacts.html

5. nutman thread starter macrumors regular