California pics

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Macintosh Sauce, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Macintosh Sauce macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

WARNING: If you want to download the full sized version (4000 x 3000), click on the small picture. :)

In this picture, we went to the famous Daikokuya Japanese restaurant. They are famous for their ramen - yummy! :)

[​IMG]

Here is a picture I took at Redondo Beach at sunset - beautiful!

[​IMG]

For supper at Redondo Beach, we had some very fresh fajita shrimp (shrimp, green peppers, onions, potatoes, some butter, some Louisiana hot sauce, pepper) - delicious!

[​IMG]

Some seagulls on the beach... :)

[​IMG]

2. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's only breakfast time, but you're making me hungry for lunch and dinner. I had noodle soup at a Japanese restaurant in Little Tokyo on Sunday, and I'm ready for more!

Then again, why not have it for breakfast too? :)

4. Mikey- macrumors regular

Great pictures. I'd love to go and visit California.

5. Soundie macrumors regular

Soundie

I`m gonna try to get into either Berkeley or Uni of southern California in about two years for my film-music studies =D Great pictures btw ;)

6. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

California is nice, I've been there a couple of times, though It's not really somewhere I'd like to live.

However, do you mind If I use the seagull picture for my desktop?

7. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Never been to California. To be completely honest, i've always been turned off by the Smog of the busy areas, the complete lack of anything in the regular areas, and the insanely rich people who think they are better than everyone else in the good areas. With that said, i'm trying to get out there as soon as i can afford a vacation.

If you live in cali, please take this comment with a grain of salt and hopefully you can realize why i may think this.

8. ChrisA macrumors G4

Looks like you came to visit almost in my backyard. I live in Redondo Beach, CA. I never think of Redondo as a tourist distination but then I do keep running into peole who are from out of town. Just a few days ago some one wanted to take me my buddy and his girl freind's picture with his iPhone camera I guess her standing on a California beach with a pair of guys decked out in scuba equipment with the sun setting in the background makes a neat photo.

One question. Where is the ramen place?

9. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i wish i lived in Cali. Florida will have to do i guess...

have you been to Florida? Do you see a lot of differences? Some people i know say they dont even compare. Just wondering what your thoughts where.

10. ChrisA macrumors G4

I think you could come here and actually save money vs. being home. That shrimp dinner at the peir likely sold for about $7.00 work that out in pounds or euro and see if I'm not right.

11. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

What you said could be said about anywhere in the United States. Anyway, California's a pretty nice place. Do come out and visit sometime!

12. Macintosh Sauce thread starter macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

Go ahead, Cassie. Just click on it to get the 4000 x 3000 size. :)

My wife used to live in Baldwin Park (all her life), so she is quite familiar with the surroundings. :)

The ramen place is in Little Tokyo in Los Angeles. Make sure you have a bowl of their ramen - it is simply awesome.

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If you aren't into crowds, smog, and self-important celebrities, the trick is to avoid my city: Los Angeles.

Visit Yosemite, Death Valley, the central coast, wine country, a California Mission, an old gold mining town, or any of the dozens and dozens of other great places to see, and bring your camera.

Disneyland, Beverly Hills, Palm Springs, and Silicon Valley interest some tourists, but you can skip them. Our state has a lot more to offer, elsewhere.

Note: Hearst Castle is worth seeing even though you might hear stories about rich people who think they are better than everyone else.

14. silbeej macrumors 6502a

You're right, i was a little too harsh on California in general, there are lots of places to go that are really nice. On the flip side, MSN had an article "Woman that make us cringe" and the wives of Orange County were number one!! It's those rich communities that seem to ruin the tourist aspect of it for me. So i'll just have to avoid them like the plague.

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I found a cool QuickTime VR panorama of First Street in Little Tokyo, with Daikokuya right in the middle. (Caution: opens full screen.) I was here, around the corner in the Japanese Village Plaza mall ("on the way home" from seeing Wicked at the Pantages Theatre). Little Tokyo has plenty of good food all packed into a few square blocks, so we try to pick a new restaurant each time.

And if we don't get enough to eat the rest of the year, we'll look for then next Japanese Food Festival!

16. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Aye! Though the cost is living is quite high, I guess.

I don't have many pics online that show off Cali, but a few:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. CalPoly10 macrumors regular

Figure I will add two of my own:

1st: Taken in the lovely city of San Luis Obispo.

2nd: Taken on Highway 1 near Pebble Beach.

Attached Files:

18. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Very true. Wages are generally higher too, but I don't know if the higher wages totally counter the higher cost of living.

Nice photos! Where is that?

19. Poserone macrumors newbie