Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vincentlin099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
hi all,

I'm a student in California eagerly waiting for the MacBook Pro and It was shipped through UPS and just stopped in Alaska, I was wondering if there were any other Californians that could provide screenshots of tracking and if the MacBook went from Alaska to California or somewhere else? Also how long it will take once it leaves Alaska?

Make Apple Great Again

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2016
I'm in Vancouver, and my MBP went through Ontario, California from Alaska...

2litth1.png

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Alaska is UPS's standard stop from Asia to the West Coast. They have operations center in Anchorage. It is also the shortest great circle route so most airliners fly up to the southern tip of Alaska and down to China, Japan, or Korea.

vincentlin099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Alaska is UPS's standard stop from Asia to the West Coast. They have operations center in Anchorage. It is also the shortest great circle route so most airliners fly up to the southern tip of Alaska and down to China, Japan, or Korea.
Hi thanks for replying, do you know if they fly from Alaska to California or do they have To go to the world port in Kentucky? School has started for me and I don't have a computer hahaha

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi thanks for replying, do you know if they fly from Alaska to California or do they have To go to the world port in Kentucky? School has started for me and I don't have a computer hahaha

Louisville is there main air hub, but they also have one in Ontario, CA. Hopefully they will go to Ontario and get you your computer sooner, especially if you are in SoCal

And ouch, school with no computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.