Call ahead for iPhone stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cchs2014, Sep 24, 2015.

1. cchs2014 macrumors member

Has anyone tried calling ahead and checking on the iPhone 6s stock that will be available tomorrow?

Are they able to release those details to us?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect in terms of stock for my 6s+ model preference (64GB Gold) at my local T-Mobile store.

I'll definitely be there before they open!

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I was thinking the same, but they're probably so busy tomorrow that they won't have to time to pick up the phone and be bothered with stock check.

3. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

My experience with calling Apple stores for availability has not been good in the past even if it wasn't during a major launch. Most of the time when I call, they refuse to acknowledge any sort of stock availability at all, even when I can see they have stock available for store pickup on the website and I am just trying to confirm the availability I am seeing online before I drive 1 hour there.

Now, you may get a helpful store associate, but I wouldn't count on getting accurate info on launch day at all.

4. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

They usually don't reveal that until morning time. They will act like they don't know but they definitely know. Happened the year of 5S Gold fiasco. They told the line we were in that they didn't know how many gold phones they had, but later that morning after they broke many hearts, a worker told us they knew and were taking pictures of them.

5. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Yes from what I understand the employees DESPISE this time and this usually means the customer bears the brunt of their frustrations.

You want the best chance of getting one on launch day? Show up at the store with $$$ and/or a CC with available credit and be prepared to show up early.

6. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

I may not work in retail but I do work on the customer service side of the business and let me just add that different stores will have different inventory so the calls will delay the processing times for the customers in the store, expect the stores not to answer their phones tomorrow so just show up and get ready with some money lol.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

And they surely do not know

- how many will be in line
    - what model each person wants
    - how many will arrive on friday in new shipments
    - how many more will be bought in the next hour

8. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

When the iphone 5 came out, I calledC the store and they told me the exact number they had. Couldn't tell me colors or GB tho. Idk if they're allowed anymore

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If the inventory was all of models you did not want, then how valuable was that information?

10. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

He couldn't give me the exact number, but told me they had a decent amount of the color and GB I wanted. So it was valuable, thank you very much.

11. ljusmc macrumors member

I went to the local att store today and they told me they only had 15 phones, no 128s.

12. ldpm14 macrumors 6502

ldpm14

I doubt they will reveal that until tomorrow morning *if that*. The Apple Store here is typically pretty secretive with stock. But I just happen to know the business manager so...... :D

13. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Apple stores don't even answer their phones at the store

14. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I'm just going to turn up on Sunday, never had an issue before getting a device.

15. Ninerboy81 macrumors regular

Ninerboy81

Use this website. It basically does all the grunt work for you.

http://www.istocknow.com

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

Same here. Also it should be noted that in store stock is different from the website saying the phone is available for pickup. I went to an Apple Store last year when the website said the phone was available for pickup and was told the phone was not available.
    Two years ago I called a store and was told they had the phone I was looking for. 30 minutes of driving later and I was told they didn't have it and weren't even supposed to tell me on the phone.