Call Apple, Report Your Antenna Problem...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wirelessmacuser, Jun 26, 2010.

1. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Don't forget to call Apple Tech Support & report the antenna problem on your iPhone. This is the only fair way to give Apple a chance to understand how many phones are effected. The more information they have, the better. Please do it before you forget, as the sooner they receive the information the better.

Don't forget to ask for a "case number".

Despite what our personal opinions are, let's give them a chance to do the right thing for their customers.

2. notmymac macrumors member

Prepare to spend a little bit of time on hold if the past three days are an indicator...Reception complaints are now mandatory escalations and I have not spent under 10 minutes waiting on hold for a Tier 2 Advisor since launch..

Also...no need to ask for a case number...we can email it through ILOG

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While it can be time consuming, its a good idea, by logging the issue, apple will have quantifiable evidence of the scope of the problem.

There's one thing about people creating threads, its quite another to have hard numbers for them to act on.

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

even if you are fine with your phone losing connection, log that case number

5. Spacer macrumors member

I've done exactly that.... logged and case number. It took a while, but the advisor I was passed to (after the first said she had no knowledge of the problem) was very good, and had heard all about it. She took my email and phone and said she'd be in touch, as all the problems are being forwarded to Apple. She agreed that suggesting to buy a case isn't a great fix. Hope the 4.01 fixes it, cause its a great phone otherwise.

6. dmn8 macrumors member

So I did this yesterday with our 2 phones and the rep on the phone updated my case with "instructions" for the store to replace both phones and scheduled a Genius appt? Will that make any difference just getting new phones?

7. notmymac macrumors member

From what I understand a lot of what the Genius is guided by is dictated by the troubleshooting notes left in the ILOG case..I have heard stories of Geniuses sending folks away with their phones to go do a restore as new before they will swap for a new one...Basically, the "intstructions" of a Tier 1 advisor without supporting ILOG documentation really don't go very far...Easier to insist on a free Advance Replacement....

8. wirelessmacuser thread starter macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Precisely!

Also it's easy to call & use the speaker phone feature with the phone sitting next to your computer while waiting.

9. wirelessmacuser thread starter macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Apple has fantastic customer service. It's one of the reasons I've remained a loyal customer for years. Now if Apple can get back on track with well tested & debugged products, then their sales would really skyrocket.

In fact, that's the problem now. Sales are so strong, even with marginal quality control, Apple has no incentive to improve.

I won't bore you with the long list of defective products just this year alone, suffice to say owners of other defective Apple products have not been as fortunate as we have. At least our defective iPhones made front page news, otherwise we'd experience the other time tested Apple response... Defeaning Silence.