Call Apple support and complain about the antenna issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duffinator, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Duffinator macrumors 6502

Duffinator

Here are my three posts from another thread...

Post 1:
    I'm on the phone right now with Apple customer support and the first thing they asked was if I had a case. I'm currently on hold and I'll update in a few when they get back to me.

Post 2:
    Apple sup is now on the line and stated he's had very few calls. But also said "I won't lie to you we have been having problems with the signal strength". I'm on hold again as he checks his resources.

In the meantime I suggest if you are having a problem you should call customer support at 1-800-694-3394.

Post 3:
    Sup is giving me his contact info and asked that I call back on Monday. He stated Apple knows this is a "huge problem" and that their engineers are working around the clock 24/7 to find a fix. They think it's software related but I'm not sure how the software recognizes when my fingers are touching the antenna. [​IMG] The sup had me disconnect the 3G and make a call. My call did not drop using the older technology. Anyway everyone who is having a problem should call.

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I think that rep is clueless.

I am telling you, I have owned 4 iPhones to date, NONE of them were the iPhone 4, and ALL of them have had the same exact signal problem.

I can set it on the desk, and have 5 bars of 3G.

As soon as I pick it up, the strength goes down.

And I am not death gripping it either like some here are saying in other threads.

3. artofdesign macrumors member

i hope so

4. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

But Rat Boy, no previous iPhone dropped calls consistently. This one does. I don't care about bars going up and down. I just want to be able to make a call.

5. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

After closer inspection of my iPhone, I still have the problem with the Bumper Case, it drops to 2 bars.
    Without the case it loses signal.

Hope they find a fix soon.