Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PVC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2015
SF, CA
Been having the hardest time getting a straight answer on this;

Does any one know- can the iPhone 6 pass phone call audio through the lightning connector?

I want to use the lightning connector to play music in my car, as well as take calls. My old 4s would play music fine through the connector, but call audio only came through speaker phone, not the car's audio...

Thanks!

acadiel

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Been having the hardest time getting a straight answer on this;

Does any one know- can the iPhone 6 pass phone call audio through the lightning connector?

I want to use the lightning connector to play music in my car, as well as take calls. My old 4s would play music fine through the connector, but call audio only came through speaker phone, not the car's audio...

Thanks!

Have not seen audio out/mic in. Have only seem headphones so far: http://www.cnet.com/news/new-lightn...eek-at-next-generation-of-iphone-accessories/

PVC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2015
SF, CA
Sorry, I don't mean specific audio accessories, I'm trying to find out if phone voice call audio be sent to anything via the lightning connector the way music audio can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.