Call Block Feature.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Eckscaliber, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Is the feature to block phone numbers still present? If so, how does it work, and does it also block text messages from a blocked number?

2. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

3. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

another half assed feature though. the real value is not in blocking your current contacts its being able to add an incoming call to a block list... this way you still need to create a physical block list contact and add numbers too it where as it should be done in the background.

4. ajiuo macrumors 65816

A number does not need to be in your contacts list to block it.. It can be blocked from the call log or manually.

My only issue is that you cant block blocked / unlisted numbers.

5. kevin4s macrumors newbie

nah, you dont have to save the number first, you can simply block it

6. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

That is good. Having to create "blocked" contacts would have been a downer.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like another half assed comment. ;-)

8. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It seems as though only contacts can be blocked. I see no option to input a phone number.

9. Stalyn macrumors regular

Can we use google voice to block incoming and at the same time create a list.

10. ajiuo macrumors 65816

You can add from your call log

11. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

If you click on the i with circle around it in your recent call log you can click "block this caller" and it will add it to the blocked list.

12. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

13. Eckscaliber thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

14. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Go into recent calls....press the i button and scroll down to block this caller. Adds the number to your black list...not your contacts.

15. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Love it!

From Tech Crunch:

Call/SMS/Facetime Blocking:

“Surely, there’s got to be a way to block phone numbers”, said every iPhone user ever.

Really, just type “How to b” into Google and let it autocomplete. First result? “How to block a number”. Second result? “How to block a number on iPhone”. Third result? “How to be happy”. This feature is in greater demand than happiness! Happiness!

Yet until now, there hasn’t really been an easy way.

With iOS 7, it’s finally a pretty straightforward process to block people from calling, messaging, or FaceTime-ing (FaceTiming? Facing? Agh.) you. You can find the block list at Settings > Phone > Blocked, Settings > Messages > Blocked, or Settings > Facetime > Blocked. Note, however, that the block list is universal — block them in the phone settings, and they’re blocked on FaceTime, too.

----------

You can block calls from your "recents" call list. I blocked all of those nuisance and robo calls. :D

Oops, sorry . . . just saw someone already answered ☺

16. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

haven't had chance to try it yet but if that works it will be fantastic as I am sick of constantly getting nuisance phone calls and don't want to create a blocked contact and have a massive list of number building up in my phone when I just want nothing to do with these people or machines as they usually are.

17. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Tried it and it works great! Since I'm on the government do not call list (yes, I know it doesn't always work the way it should) and don't give out my cell phone number to anyone outside of family and friends I don't get many of those calls. But, I've successfully blocked those calls that did get through. I was waiting for something like this for a long time!

18. lionqueen macrumors 6502

19. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The "do not call list" is just another joke on us from our government. There is little to no enforcement. LOL!

Now they will be running our healthcare!:eek::eek::eek:

----------

Go into settings, phone and you will see the list of blocked numbers. Just remove one when you wish to no longer block them!

20. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Same way you blocked them. Just select the unblock option.