Call blocker

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ScottXe, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ScottXe macrumors newbie

I would like to create a list of callers that I want to decline their calls. Can someone advise how to do it or need a 3rd party app. Thanks!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can use iBlacklist if your iphone is jailbroken.

3. lpeedin macrumors regular

If you're using Verizon, you can block numbers through their website.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Same on Sprint, you can set up a block list for calls and texts, in your online account.

5. ScottXe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Unfortunately, my phone has not been jailbroken yet.

----------

Thanks!

----------

Thanks!

6. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Youmail is pretty cool as well. It won't block calls, but you can pick a disconnected message and it has some kind of tone that pre-recorded calls will look for and know to stop calling you. I have iBlacklist and it's decent, but it doesn't work all the time as I've had callers get through and I don't bother jailbreaking my phone anymore anyway.

7. JummpyXMPP macrumors newbie

JummpyXMPP

that is INANELY limited to 20

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need more than 20 callers blocked?
    Maybe you should consider changing your phone number.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

10. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

there is an app in cydia called call blocker. IT SUCKS! I just got it because iBlacklist wasnt working yet with 6.1 and I wasted my $1 it doesnt absolutely nothing and has no features!!

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I wanted this before I jailbroke. Ended up messing around with Do Not Disturb and a few apps that use that. Ultimately, I settled on creating a contact called BLOCKED CALLER and assigning a ringtone of Silent and a text tone of Silent to that contact. Any number that comes in that I want blocked I add to that contact. It's not true call blocking but the call goes to voicemail. That's good enough for me because my old WinMo phone had an app that did the same thing, but from an internal list.

Once I jailbroke I found a tweak called RingerX VIP. That tweak allows you to set different tones to groups (not just individuals) and does a few other things as well. I have it set on my BLOCKED CALLER contact to mute the phone for those numbers in the contact.

I'm also on Sprint, so any real caller I don't want even getting through I can add at their site. The only downside with doing this with Sprint is that you also block outgoing calls. So, if for any reason you do want to call one of those blocked numbers, you'd have to remove it from the list on Sprint's website.