Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
So I currently use Tmobile for personal calls, I want to get an iphone with att. Is there anyway for me to foward my tmobile line calls to the iphone for free?

Thanks.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
So I currently use Tmobile for personal calls, I want to get an iphone with att. Is there anyway for me to foward my tmobile line calls to the iphone for free?

You can keep your phone number. Just keep your T-Mo account active and give AT&T your account information when you sign up. AT&T will take care of porting your number over, which will automatically cancel your T-Mo account. Your new iPhone will have the same number as your old T-Mo phone.

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
You can keep your phone number. Just keep your T-Mo account active and give AT&T your account information when you sign up. AT&T will take care of porting your number over, which will automatically cancel your T-Mo account. Your new iPhone will have the same number as your old T-Mo phone.

I dont want to pay 300+ dollars in cancelation

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
So your willing to add $100+ to your monthly bill rather than pay the
$175 ETF? :confused:

I don't get it either. Even assuming his T-Mobile bill is relatively cheap, the only way he's going to save money that way is if his contract is up withing the next couple of months. And if he's that close he should just wait to buy his iPhone then.

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
I currently only pay $10 for my Tmo line on a family plan. The $257.40 is for a 16gb iphone 3gs with 450mins and 200 text.

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Still if u can afford the 3GS go 4 it + set up call forwarding $10 a month isnt 2 bad could of been a lot worse!

Which is what I was thinking but no one seems to have an answer if Tmo has free call forwarding or not or if its even possible from Tmo :confused:

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
alright so i asked tmo and its free and they can do that for me in their system (yay) but does call forwarding usually have any problems? like dropped calls, missed calls anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.