Call forwarding?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Nov 20, 2015.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I was wondering if you can forward another number to an iphone and have it display the number that its coming from?

for instance I want to know that the number is coming from my "work phone" instead of just another phone number I don't recognize.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You are saying you want to forward another line to your iPhone and when someone calls that line instead of it showing the number/information of the actual caller you would simply like to see that the caller is basically that other line calling your iPhone?

3. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

yeah something like that? Possible?

I know how to forward from another phone, just want to know if i can somehow customize on the iphone that its coming from my work phone.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, I know Google Voice gives you the option of whether you want your Google Voice number to show up when calls are forwarded or the actual caller's number, so at least based on that it seems like it's possible. I guess the question is basically if it's something that could be configured on the phone itself or some app or something similar, or more on the side of the carrier/provider of the number that is being forwarded (and if they would allow users to modify that somehow, similar to how Google Voice provides for it).

5. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

I'm doing it right now, create a contact like "work" with a distinctive ring tone so every time number is forwarded from your work you will know I guess the trick is whether or not your landline will forward as your work number.

6. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

problem is, they come in like normal phone calls, I have no way to know that they are being pushed from my work phone.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps you can reroute them via Google Voice (if that is an option) and that in turn can be set up as showing all calls coming from that number?

8. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

i'll look into it, thanks