Call logs on ATT OLAM show number I never dialed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyclone Chris, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Cyclone Chris macrumors regular

So every other day or so, I check my online ATT account to see what calls have been placed and usage of my minutes.

Yesterday, for the first time, I noticed that there were some calls placed out to Atlanta, GA (678 area code) I did a reverse number lookup, and it came back showing it's a Cingular Wireless number.

I checked my call logs on the iPhone and still no evidence that I placed a call. I end up calling the number and it's ATT Voicemail.

I take a look at the times voicemails were received, and they match the times on the iPhone.

So in a nutshell, this past weekend, the iPhone dialed out to collect voicemail. Some of the voicemails were still unheard and a call was placed out from the iPhone on 3 seperate occasions. This has only happened this past weekend.

I thought our visual voicemail worked on the Data Plan on not mins???
    Is it possible that if EDGE/3G is not available it uses mins???

2. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

3. rolex54 macrumors 6502

att doesn't take out minutes for calling voicemail, it is free and unlimited
    not really sure why your phone is calling though

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Only if it's VISUAL voicemail. If you hold down the 1 key to call voicemail, then it counts as minutes.

If the OP didn't do this and used the Visual VM interface, then I'm not eusre either why it would have called out.

5. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

Iphone call logs dont show any sign of voicemail being called.

6. fezzik20 macrumors newbie

Me too!

I am experiencing the same thing--except this 678 number doesn't appear on my recent calls on my phone--just on ATT.com

There's been at least 4 or 5 calls over the last few days. Any ideas??