Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Would like to ask if iOS7 keeps longer period call logs. Because on iOS 6 logs keeps only for last 15 days or less which is a bit stupid. Majority of us gets bill from carrier of previous month which is 28-31 days and would be amazing if iOS7 could keep atleast one month call logs.

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
I have call logs going back to June right now? Maybe you make way too many calls?...

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
I have call logs going back to June right now? Maybe you make way too many calls?...

Hmm strange, not really, maybe about 6-10 calls a day which isnt supposed to be a lot, knowing how much business man talks :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Would like to ask if iOS7 keeps longer period call logs. Because on iOS 6 logs keeps only for last 15 days or less which is a bit stupid. Majority of us gets bill from carrier of previous month which is 28-31 days and would be amazing if iOS7 could keep atleast one month call logs.

Does your Carrier not allow you to login and look at your call logs? With Verizon I can go back an entire year of call logs.

Why is the phone responsible for keeping all your call logs? That's the Carrier's job.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Does your Carrier not allow you to login and look at your call logs? With Verizon I can go back an entire year of call logs.

Why is the phone responsible for keeping all your call logs? That's the Carrier's job.

Yes, i can check logs on my carrier website but sometimes they are cheating, for example- two times i have talked for 0:56 mins and checked on carrier website, it was stated that i have talked 1:01 which rounds to 2 mins
With any phone i could check logs for month or more except iPhone. Also i cant check total call time for outgoing and incoming calls seperately which is more logical than having total call time calculated in/out calls together.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes, i can check logs on my carrier website but sometimes they are cheating, for example- two times i have talked for 0:56 mins and checked on carrier website, it was stated that i have talked 1:01 which rounds to 2 mins
With any phone i could check logs for month or more except iPhone. Also i cant check total call time for outgoing and incoming calls seperately which is more logical than having total call time- calculated in/out calls together.

What carrier and country is this that you have to do this?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Lithuania, carrier Omnitel (TeliaSonera). In my country there are 3 carriers but only Omnitel is official carrier for iPhone.

Man that sucks. In the US most carriers offer unlimited talk and text so you don't have to monitor your calls in that fashion but I do remember back int he day they would round up all calls under 1 min up to 1 minute.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Man that sucks. In the US most carriers offer unlimited talk and text so you don't have to monitor your calls in that fashion but I do remember back int he day they would round up all calls under 1 min up to 1 minute.
I cant say that it sucks totally because price isnt really big deal- 5 hours to all my country networks/10000sms/1GB (7-20Mbps) for 7 euros. Just sucks that they want to cheat customers, if you have proof ( call logs on phone) they will compensate saying that it is problems with their system.... ;)
But yeh if in USA you have unlimited calls, Apple wont improve call logs feature :/
Still thanks for the help :)

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

Hmm strange, not really, maybe about 6-10 calls a day which isnt supposed to be a lot, knowing how much business man talks :)

Wow... I'm lucky if I have 4 days of logs... Mostly it's 2.5 or 3 days... Sometimes just 1 day...!

Sometimes I need a number I forgot to save that called me a week or two back... I tend to remember an approx time of day so I can generally trace the number... It's not always convenient on the carrier website... I miss my old nokias for this Eason... You could hunt back calls from even 3 months ago...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.