Call me thick! I just discovered....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MRU, Jun 2, 2010.

1. MRU Suspended

MRU

By accidentally tapping the power/lock screen button and the home button together the iPad takes a screenshot!

Sorry if everyone new this, just took me by surprise to hear my iPad make the camera flashing noise :)

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

yeah.. it's the same as the iPhone :)

3. MRU thread starter Suspended

MRU

Really. On my 3rd iteration of the iphone; 2g, 3g, 3gs and still was unaware of that. See thick ;)

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I love it when long time users hold themselves up for ridicule like this. :p

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Me too. It makes me feel like I am not the only one... ;)

6. kaelell macrumors 6502

makes me remember when I first stumbled accross the screenshot thing ( I dont think it was there with the first firmware itteration) but my screen flashed & the sound was off and I was like " what just happened" I did it again and the same thing, I couldnt figure out why it was doing it until much later when I went into my photos folder!

doh.

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

One of the speakers on the bottom of my iPhone is not working. Will Apple swap it out?

8. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

9. spammerhamster macrumors 6502

Don't feel bad... I also only found out after a year that a doubleclick on the lockscreen could open the ipod interface.

10. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Those with the wifi only iPad can then use this with the map application if you want to plan a trip at home, take a screen shot of each leg, then play them back on the road through the photo app to get directions.

If you get way off track, head to Starbucks or McDonalds, there is one on every corner, and get new directions from the WiFi.

Can do the same to demo a website, or save a website for offline viewing such as product information or model numbers. I use this way on iPhone all the time.

11. MRU thread starter Suspended

MRU

shush u cheeky bi**h :D :D

LOL.... I can think of worse things I've done to give the irish a bad name :eek: ;) :D
    Besides, u have to have some pity - i am from kerry :D

12. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

ah that's ok so. It's not like you're a REAL Irishman! :D

13. REBELinBLUE macrumors regular

You're not the only one who has discovered something rather late. I only just realised on Saturday that you scroll textareas/scrolling divs using 2 fingers.

For as long as I could remember I always assumed it was a flaw in the OS that needed to be addressed >_<

14. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

There are lots of little known things in the iPhone which are also evident in the iPad. The Missing Manual Series iPhone book covers a lot of these.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns