Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayJayG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2009
England
For some reason every time I go onto Call Of Duty 2 I get really bad lagg and my FPS is around 30 in normal war zone situations... But when there is a massive amount of bullets and grenade flying everywhere i seem to get 15 Fps and lower. It also sometimes stutters... Please Help...
My computer:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
Q6600
2.40ghz
3gb RAM

sven-

macrumors member
May 14, 2009
Lol, my magic 8-ball says he's using a hackintosh, and should not receive any help since this a Mac forum, not an ordinary PC forum.

fpar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Could you tell us what graphics card you are using, its possible that the game is not optimized for newer graphics cards and nvidia are notorious for bad drivers. I am assuming that you are playing on os x.

sven-

macrumors member
May 14, 2009
I have a new I mac 24', and I also have a lag when I play Call of Duty 2.

Brad Oliver

macrumors regular
May 14, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
So far, it's only possible to play Cod2 without lag on new Macs with an ATI graphics card. So unless you have the new iMac with the ATI 4850, you're not able to play Cod2 stutter free.

Are you sure? It runs stutter-free on my X1600 iMac, although not at 60 fps. ;)

sven-

macrumors member
May 14, 2009
Are you sure? It runs stutter-free on my X1600 iMac, although not at 60 fps. ;)
He was talking about new iMacs, so i guessed he meant the current revision.

Your stutter free experience on your X1600 (that's an ATI card) is accurate, i never denied that.

I now see though that my post was indeed confusing :)

noazrky

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
wondering

hey um can u use mac CoD2 online with pc CoD2 because my school uses pcs and i use a mac so..

noazrky

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
umm

i mean they use windows CoD2 and i want to use the Mac version on my new MacBook:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.