Call of Duty 2 Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Sambo110, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I live in Australia, so can't really find anywhere to buy it for a decent price. Can I buy a Windows version/CD Key and use that key with the Mac version? Thanks.

2. robj macrumors regular

Don't think so, Windows version has windows installation and windows valid cd key.

You should buy the Mac version. Have you tried to search it in amazon or another online shop?

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Don't want to have to buy from overseas. So a Windows key won't work with the Mac? That sucks.

4. hoosierfan24 macrumors member

just get a key offline somewhere, i'm sure you can find one

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, I found a guy selling an unused key on eBay, but just the key. But it's at $1 with no bids, so hopefully I can get it cheap. Then I just need to get the game, maybe I could convert the Mac demo to the full game using my friends Windows copy.

6. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

I just downloaded the Windows demo to see how it ran compared to the Mac one. They both have different settings, so it was hard to get the same settings. But I think I got it about right. on the Mac version, I get 40-60, 40 in really intense parts. On the Windows demo, I never got more than 20? Was very strange.

7. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

Buy it here: http://www.gameagent.com/store/aspyr/DisplayHomePage
    This is the online shop from the team that ported all the Call of Duty games to Mac OS X. You can order CoD1 / CoD2 / CoD4 there and download them right away. You will get an email with download instructions and your serial so you can start playing right away. I bought all my CoD games there, can recommend them.

8. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

9. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

Welcome to Mac gaming. Even 8 year old games still go for 50€ (thats $70) here in Europe, and people buy it. They have nearly no price loss. I'd get it if I were you, lots of people still playing online :)

10. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

11. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

How can I permanently change the cd key? If I do it in multiplayer options, it changes back when I close it. Is there a file where it is saved, can I change/delete that file?

12. molsonator macrumors newbie

you cant change the cd key i dont believe.....buying cd keys online or through ebay is asking for a headache. you dont know if previous owner has been pb banned, server banned or made it up ....For the sake of your online name and gaming experience, just buy the game new

13. molsonator macrumors newbie

Im not sure but i have been told you can run the pc version (much cheaper) through bootcamp

14. Jonvan macrumors newbie

Dragonforce, I've tried to purchase off gameagent.com, but they don't seem to except purchases from anywhere outside of USA, Canada and Mexico. I'm from South Africa... Do you know if their are any alternatives?