Call of Duty 2 on MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by caldavey, Jan 8, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

Hey guys, I have a black MacBook, 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM, and plenty of HD space. I am going to be upgrading to the new MBP when they come out (please be new!!). But what I am wondering is if my MacBook can handle the Call of Duty 2. I just bought the game from Apple.com then realized that my computer may not be able to take it because it only has a GMA X3100 in it. Even if I run it on low settings, that would be fine and dandy.
    Please let me know if my comp can handle this. Thanks in advance!

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

It should run it ok, somebody might need to confirm. It will look just alright, nothing special.

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Can someone please confirm?
    Also, how would it run on a MacBook Pro baseline model? Max settings with no lag?

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I just checked online, it should run fine on 800x600 at medium settings on the GMA 950. You have a better version so it should run fine. Try to play it, I bet there will be no problems. On the MBP, it should run flawlessly.

5. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Thank you very much noodle654 now I am glad and not worried...

I have been playing the COD2 demo on my MacBook and it seems to stop in the middle of gameplay and say "error: blah blah blah..." so I just restart from my last checkpoint and then it happens again. This goes on forever and then eventually it will stop. Do you guys know why this is?:confused:

6. TheFreshPrince macrumors member

The same thing happened to me when I was playing the demo on my new iMac, but I bought the game and there have been no such problems with the full version. It must just be a bug in the demo.

7. jannibal-1992 macrumors newbie

I have cod2 running on a white macbook 2.2ghz 4gb x3100
    and it runs ok. only when the game gets "busy" (a lot of soldiers, grenades, weapons fire etc.) the game starts to slow down a little. it's still playable, but it runs a lot smoother on my dad's mac pro (although he doesn't let me ;))

8. 95thSharpe macrumors member

2.1Ghz 1Gb Ram X3100

on high texture setting, normal for the rest, 1280x800 screen res works like a dream :eek:

9. kaiserben macrumors member

kaiserben

On a MB with GMA500, CSS is not working smoothly enough to be playable...